(NOTE: This is for a customized wedding ceremony. THIS IS NOT THE CONTRACT. A fee applies to this customization.)
Click here to be taken to my square store to pay the $35 customization fee (if you want a customized, non-cookie cutter ceremony). This is not the contract, just a questionnaire. This is not a requirement. You may choose to have the same ceremony that everyone else gets or use this form to customize just like a regular wedding ceremony.
- Prison wedding dress code is the same as for regular visitation.
- The contract MUST be filled out! No ifs, ands, or buts. No contract no wedding (regardless of retainer paid or not)
- The name your loved one puts on the I-60 for the person performing the marriage is Candi Johnson.
- 25% of the total fee or $100 (whichever is greater) will be due as a non-refundable retainer due when contract is filled out. (The retainer is part of the fee. So if the fee you see is $250 and you pay a$100 retainer, then the balance due no later than 1 week before ceremony would be $150)
- Fee must be paid in full 1 week BEFORE the date given. If given date is within a week after notice, then payment MUST be made in full at that time. If payment is not in full by the date on the invoice, the invoice will be edited and an additional $5- late fee will be added. If this full payment is not made by 2 days before the wedding,then I will have to have you call the chaplain or warden secretary to reschedule. That way you will have time to pay in full. I'm sorry, but no payments will be taken on the day of. I have been burned too many times now for having a good heart.
- If Unit is over 175 miles from zip code 77355, then an extra fee has been added into the ceremony fee for a hotel room.
- If the ceremony falls on a special day such as Valentine's Day, there will be an extra fee of $50 for which you will be invoiced as soon as you notify me of the date. (I do not think they do weddings on National Holidays but if, by chance they do, the extra fee will be added as well.)
- There will be little to no deviation from the wedding ceremony that I have pre-written unless you pay the extra fee ($35) and fill out the short questionnaire. You are able to write and say your own vows, but you will have to email me yours so I can type it in. You are not allowed to take paper in, but I can and you can read off the same paper I do for your vows.
- Make sure the inmate does not already have someone listed as common law wife/husband because this will cause the marriage to be denied. If YOU are the one listed as common law, the the I-60 should not be denied.
- Follow this checklist to make sure everything is done.
- I have been approved Through August 8, 2018.
- If you are getting married in prison, go to the TDCJ Directive for the info you will need. Each unit may follow this directive, but some deviate a little from it.
- YOU MUST obtain marriage license before the absentee affidavit expires. Affidavits are only good for 30 days after signed in the unit.
- The exchange of wedding rings is not allowed.
- Only the intended spouse (you) and the officiant (me) are allowed in the unit. You may not bring anyone else inside with you.
- As soon as you find out the date from the prison Chaplain, let me know so I can block off the date and send invoice for remainder of fee.
- Non-refundable retainer is non-refundable for any reason.
Translate This Page