Prison Wedding Contract
When you click on the Buy Now button below, you will be taken to PayPal to pay the non-refundable retainer before you can fill out the contract. Thank you.
Prison Wedding Questionnaire
(NOTE: This is for a customized wedding ceremony. THIS IS NOT THE CONTRACT. A fee applies to this customization.)
When you click on the Buy Now button below, you will be taken to PayPal to pay the customization fee ($35) before you can fill out the questionnaire. Thank you.
- Fee based on unit. Fees start at $150
- Prison wedding dress code is the same as for regular visitation.
- The contract below MUST be filled out! No ifs, ands, or buts.
- Click here for the absentee affidavit link or phone number for the county clerk where you are getting the license.
- The name your loved one puts on the I-60 for the person performing the marriage is Candi Johnson.
- $100 non-refundable retainer due when contract is filled out. (an invoice will be sent to email on the contract)(The retainer is part of the fee. So if the fee you see is $250 and you pay the $100 retainer, then the balance due no later than 2 weeks before ceremony would be $150)
- Fee must be paid in full 2 weeks BEFORE the date given. If given date is within a week after notice, then payment MUST be made in full at that time. If payment is not in full, then I will have to have you call the chaplain or warden secretary to reschedule. That way you will have to to pay in full. I'm sorry, but no payments will be taken on the day of. I have been burned too many times now for having a good heart.
- If Unit is over 175 miles from zip code 77355, then an extra fee has been added into the ceremony fee for a hotel room.
- If the ceremony falls on a special day such as Valentine's Day, there will be an extra fee of $50. (I do not think they do weddings on National Holidays but if, by chance they do, the extra fee will be added as well.)
- There will be little to no deviation from the wedding ceremony that I have pre-written. You are able to write and say your own vows, but you will have to email me yours so I can type it in. You are not allowed to take paper in, but I can and you can read off the same paper I do for your vows. If you wish to have a customized ceremony ($35 extra) fill out the questionnaire below.
- Make sure the inmate does not already have someone listed as common law wife/husband because this will cause the marriage to be denied. If YOU are the one listed as common law, the the I-60 should not be denied.
- Weddings are now able to be performed in TDCJ facilities!
- Follow this checklist to make sure everything is done.
- I have been approved Through August 8, 2018.
- If you are getting married in prison, go to the TDCJ Directive for the info you will need.
- Obtain marriage license before the absentee affidavit expires. Affidavits are only good for 30 days after signed in the unit.
- The exchange of wedding rings is not allowed.
- Only the intended spouse (you) and the officiant (me) are allowed in the unit. You may not bring anyone else inside with you.
- I have a set ceremony for any and all marriages taking place in the prison system. There will be little to no deviation from the ceremony. Please let me know if you both are doing your own vows as you will have to email me a copy of yours since you can't take any papers in other than the license.
- As soon as you find out the date from the prison Chaplain, let me know so I can block off the date.
- The remainder of the balance due MUST BE paid no later than 1 week prior to the ceremony. If payment has not been made by 1 week BEFORE the ceremony, you will have to call the chaplain and reschedule. NO payments will be accepted on the day of the ceremony. (Sorry, but I have been taken advantage of twice already)
- I will wear jeans, boots and a black business polo shirt.
Translate This Page